Micross – CGA Column Attach Advantages
CGA is an enabling interconnect technology for high reliability applications, providing superior performance over BGA in thermal cycling by utilizing column interconnects to mitigate thermal stresses, where these stresses could shear standard BGA interconnects.
Micross has one of the most complete CGA solution to meet the most stringent requirements.
- The Micross 2.21mm column provides superior reliability while mitigating mechanical fragility and other factors.
- CGA Packaging with taller solder columns made of flexible or compliant high-Pb solder enable higher reliability in extreme temperature and mechanical conditions over BGA
- Direct drop-in replacement for BGAs in most devices up to 2500 interconnects
- Established licensed IBM Process
- Ability to process both ceramic & plastic LGAs and BGAs with a 1.00mm or 1.27mm pitch
- 0.5mm diameter, 2.21mm tall standard column dimensions
- Coplanarity typically 150 micron or better
- Low cost, quick turn service