Datel – Low-Power, High-Performance, 16-bit, serial output analog-to-digital converter
The ADS-970 is a low-power, high-performance, 16-bit, serial output analog-to-digital converter. Designed on a standard CMOS process, this converter supports sampling rates of up to 125MSPS. A proprietary architecture design minimizes power consumption while providing exceptional dynamic performance and optimal DC performance-vs-power trade-off.
This high-speed converter utilizes the industry standard JESD204B-compliant, high speed serial output link, offering data rates up to 4.3 Gbps per lane and multiple packing modes. The SERDES transmitter output uses two lanes to transmit the conversion data as well as a deterministic latency digital output scheme and a multichip time alignment option for complex synchronization requirements.
The serial peripheral interface (SPI) port provides an extensive array of configurability for the JESD204B transmitter including direct register access to the internal link and transport-layer test patterns. The SPI port also affords the user the control of numerous additional features such as the fine offset and gain adjustments of the two ADC cores as well as the programmable clock divider that allows both 2x and 4x harmonic clocking.
The ADC-970 is available in a space-saving 7mm x 7mm, 48-pin Leadless Plastic Quad Flat Package. This package features a thermal pad for improved thermal performance and is specified over an extended temperature range of (-40°C to +105°C). Military temperature range (-55°C to +125°C) devices are available.
- Single supply 1.8V operation
- 125MSPS sampling rate
- JESD204B high-speed data interface
- SNR : 78.0 dBFs Fin = 30MHz
- SFDR : 94.0 dBc Fin = 30MHz
- Programmable built-in test patterns
- Multi-Chip Time Alignment and Deterministic Latency Support (JESD204B Device Subclass 2)
- SPI programmable debugging features and test patterns
- Power consumption 700mW
- 48-pin 7mm x 7mm Leadless Plastic Quad Flat Package
- High-Speed /Performance Data Acquisition
- Radar and Satellite Antenna Array Processing
- High-Speed Medical Imaging
- Broadband Communications and Microwave Receivers