Our Manufacturers for Obsolescence Solutions:
Being specialist for Obsolescence Strategies and founding member of the Component Obsolescence Group Germany, KAMAKA provides customized and competent Obsolescence Solutions.
Custom Specific Solutions and Product Engineering
The Following Services Are Offered As Alternative:
What is Obsolescence?
The term “Obsolescence” covers the situation where a manufacturer no longer considers it economic enough to continue manufacturing a component.
- Because of Obsolescence, equipment is no longer available or can´t be repaired economically
- There is no equivalent replacement without increased expenditure
- Obsolescence concerns materials, components, processes and software. It can occur in all parts of the life cycle of components: development, design, production and services
- It affects components which are required to be maintained for long periods of time which can be 10, 20, 30 or more years.
Reasons for Obsolescence
- Technological progress – the innovation, becomes shorter and faster
- Economic reasons
- Changes in the standardization -“old” standards are no longer available and are no longer maintained
- Legislation changes e.g. concerning asbestos, cadmium and lead tin solder (RoHS)
- The original manufacturer is no longer in business
- The processes, tools and knowledge for the maintenance, update or improvement of the software are no longer available.
Why Is The Obsolescence Industry Growing?
Obsolescence is not a new phenomenon. Old technology has always been replaced by new one. But: Today technology changes faster than ever since the speed is determined by the continually changing IT, telecommunication and consumer electronics industry.